SUMMER STUDENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Application packets are due February 28, 2017.
Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant announces the following positions for the 2017 Summer Student Internship Program. Successful applicants will spend 12 weeks working closely with a Sea Grant specialist on issues affecting the Great Lakes. Internships include research, communications and outreach components. Applicants may have the opportunity to participate in activities outside of their specific internship duties. The full PDF announcement with position descriptions and qualifications is available for distribution.
Internships are available in the following areas:
- Fisheries Data Analysis
- Great Lakes Data Analysis and Outreach
- Microplastic Research
- Sustainable Communities
- Undergraduates currently enrolled in a U.S. institution of higher learning, or graduated December 2016 or after.
- Current graduate students are not eligible.
- Applicants should be U.S. citizens, permanent residents or have an active F-1 visa.
- Previous IISG interns who have participated in the Summer Internship program are not eligible.
Send all application materials via email to Angela Archer, firstname.lastname@example.org and include "2017 IISG Summer Internship" in the subject line. All questions should be directed to Ms. Archer via email or 765-496-3722.
Save the following documents in a single PDF file:
- Curriculum vitae detailing education and work experiences (2 pages maximum)
- Goal statement emphasizing your interest in the Great Lakes and how partnership in this program will further your career goals. (500 words or less).
- Ranked preference of the seven internship possibilities
- Copy of unofficial transcript(s)
- One letter of recommendation sent directly to email@example.com on your behalf